Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 02:39:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Harrison extends winning sequence with more Scarborough success

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harrison extends winning sequence with more Scarborough success  (Read 403 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:22 pm »

Dean Harrison and the RC Express Racing by MSS Performance team’s highly successful 2014 season continued at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough over the weekend with the Bradford rider taking no less than seven wins from eight starts, including winning the feature Cock o’ the North Trophy for the second successive year.

The Bradford rider was in imperious form around the 2.43-mile woodland venue in both wet and dry conditions, kicking off his weekend in the rain on Saturday with victories on the Kawasaki ZX-10R in the opening Superbike race and then doing the same on the ER6 650cc Kawasaki in the first leg of the Lightweight class. He duly completed his hat-trick with a narrow 0.125s victory over Ivan Lintin in the second Lightweight leg, later in the day.

Sunday’s conditions were a lot more favourable at the seaside venue with the rain having disappeared and replaced by bright, sunny weather but the outcome was still the same with Dean taking two more victories on the blue and white Kawasakis. The first victory of the day came in the second leg of the Superbike class, his winning margin over Lintin on this occasion 16.4 seconds, and he then romped to the race win in the feature Cock o’ the North Superbike race with Lintin again in second, this time eight seconds adrift. Dean also set the fastest lap of the race, and weekend, with a time of 1m45.080s, 83.251mph.

The 25-year old also added two more victories in the Supersport 600cc class where he was again on board the Mar Train Racing Yamaha and the only downside of an otherwise faultless weekend was a small spill in the third Lightweight race when he slid off at the Memorial while chasing eventual winner Lintin, with the damage to the bike keeping him out of the final leg.

Dean Harrison: “I can’t complain at all with how the weekend’s gone and although it was a weekend of two halves with the weather, the bikes were working perfectly in both the wet and dry conditions. It was quite strange on Saturday as although it was wet, it was still red hot and when you were riding through the trees, it was like being in the middle of a rainforest! It was a bit greasy but I had no dramas and won every race I was in that day, having a good battle with Ivan in the second Lightweight race.”

“Sunday started damp but soon dried up and the big bike was flying. We’re moving forward all the time with the bike and the new engine-spec was another jump forward and I was pleased with my lap times, which weren’t a million miles away from the lap record. I was out on my own, not pushing hard and enjoying myself. I had a little tip-off in the Supertwins race when Ivan and myself were having a good battle but the back end came round on me and I slid across the grass with no harm done. There was a little bit of damage to the bike and although I got out for the warm-up lap of the final race, we think a few wires had been broken as the bike wasn’t running right. Overall, it’s been another great meeting and I’ve got plenty of time on the bikes coming up so a big thanks to the team for all their hard work once more.”

Ben Constable, Team Co-owner: “It’s been another spot on weekend and I have to say we’re getting quite used to this winning lark, it’s a nice feeling!! Every race Dean started, he won and with a return like that there’s no reason at all to complain. He had a slight off at the Memorial on Sunday when him and Ivan were having a good battle and although we tried to get him out again for the last race, it was misfiring slightly so had to pull in.”

“The bikes were working equally well in the wet and dry so a big thanks to Metzeler for some awesome tyres once more and also to Nick and Jeb at MSS Performance. They built us a stunning engine with a spec just for the Scarborough weekend and it was absolutely mint so it stands us in good stead for the rest of the year.”

Dean now heads to Snetterton this weekend for an Endurance event before contesting the Pirelli National Superstock 1000cc race at Thruxton on August 1-3, all in preparation for August’s Ulster Grand Prix.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: