Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 07:16:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tourism set to benefit from Armoy Road Races

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tourism set to benefit from Armoy Road Races  (Read 482 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: July 04, 2014, 09:55:45 am »

CAUSEWAY Coast and Glens and Moyle District are set to benefit from increased visitors attending the forthcoming Armoy Road Races that’s according to Trevor Kane, owner of the Bayview Hotel in Portballintrae.

Mr Kane, has been the sponsor of the 125cc GP Race since the inaugural race in2009, and has witnessed first hand the boost to tourism that the annual event brings and says this year will be no different. He has seen an increase of tourists from across Ireland, North and South, as well as international road racing fans coming to enjoy the races and the wonderful attractions that the area has on offer.

Trevor Kane, owner of the Bayview Hotel said, “I’ve witnessed first hand every year the boost to tourism that this great event brings to this part of the world. I think that we are extremely lucky to live and work in such a beautiful place and with events like the Armoy Road Races taking place on an annual basis I see visitors returning each year as well as many new ones.

“The races are a spectacular event with lots of buzz and excitement around the race course and paddock area. Of course many come for the whole week with the range of activities on offer starting from the weekend before with the ride out on the Sunday.

“The races are an event for all, young and old, and I for one wouldn’t miss it, for my friends and I it is a much welcome annual pilgrimage. For those that haven’t ever been to a road race I’d encourage them to come to Armoy as I believe it’s the only road race in Ireland full of nostalgia and has an air of the olds days, maybe the Armoy Armada are still there in some way, who knows.”

Clerk of the Course Bill Kennedy welcomed Trevor Kane’s statement and said, “ As a local man who is very much involved in the community as well as the Armoy road races, I know how important tourism is to Northern Ireland. It never surprises me when you meet someone in Armoy who is a very long way from home. Armoy is on the map for all sorts of reasons, whether it’s to watch the Armoy Road Races or visit the filming locations like the Dark Hedges for the Game of Thrones but moreimportantly it’s just a great place to be.

“I have to say a big thank you to Trevor at the Bayview Hotel, along with the Northern Ireland Tourist Board, without sponsors like them and their assistance it would be a lot harder to make the event work and more importantly financially viable.

“So I’d ask locals and tourists alike to visit Armoy during our Bike Week from 20th – 26th July and if you need more information on the RiverRidge Recycling’s ‘Race of the Legends’ then visit www.amrrc.com to see what’s happening. You can also search for ‘AMRRC’ on Facebook and join the official fan page as well as follow us on twitter at @ArmoyRoadRaces – so come on, what are you waiting for!”

Armoy Road Races are sponsored by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board, and by the Moyle District Council's Tourism Events Fund.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: