Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 11:23:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Armoy Chairman backs Rob Vine Fund

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Armoy Chairman backs Rob Vine Fund  (Read 452 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: June 27, 2014, 03:53:53 pm »

CHAIRMAN of Armoy Motorcycle Road Racing Club, William Munnis, recently celebrated a big birthday and although he celebrated in style, he is a generous man with a great passion for road racing who chose to bequeath all of his birthday money to the Isle of Man, Rob Vine Fund.

The Rob Vine Fund was set up as a registered charity back in 2005, but dates back some 20 years earlier when Rob Vine, a regular TT competitor from Dover in Kent, lost his life at the 1985 Senior TT Races. Dr David B Stevens MBE was the Chief Medical Officer for the TT Races and the Manx Grand Prix races at that time.

Dr David Stevens MBE, Director and Secretary of the Rob Vine Fund explains; “The purpose of the Fund is to provide medical/rescue equipment and training for all doctors, paramedics and marshals involved in 2, 3 and 4 wheeled motorsport events on the Isle of Man.

“We have well over £200,000 worth of medical equipment around the TT course, in the helicopters and in the Phil Hogg Rescue Ambulances. Our equipment constantly needs updating in addition to providing traning for all the medics.

“This, as you can imagine, is a financial challenge with some £20k required annually for a rolling replacement programme. We depend so much on donations like William Munnis’s to continue our much needed work for motorsport competitors and we would like to thank William for his support. It is very much appreciated.”

William Munnis, Chairman of Armoy Motorcycle Road Racing Club said, “I’ve been involved in motorcycle racing for many years. I have also been a visitor to the Isle of Man TT Races and the Southern 100 races for many years. I feel very strong about rider safety regardless of whether it is at Armoy or any of the other motorsprot events across the country. I know how much medical and helicopter services are valued at these events, so this was a very easy decision for me.

“I recently celebrated my 50th birthday and requested that donations be made to the Rob Vine Fund in lieu of any gifts and I am delighted that I raised a total of £600.00 for a very worthwhile and vaulable cause.”

Armoy Road Races are sponsored by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board, and by the Moyle District Council's Tourism Events Fund.

Bike Week 2014 is from 20th – 26th July. For more information on the RiverRidge Recycling’s ‘Race of the Legends’ visit www.amrrc.com or search for ‘AMRRC’ on Facebook and join the official fan page and you can also follow us on twitter at @ArmoyRoadRaces.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: