Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 02:01:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Reigning Miss Armoy encourages entries for 2014 competition

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reigning Miss Armoy encourages entries for 2014 competition  (Read 528 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:29 am »

ENTRIES are now open for this year’s Harrigan’s Fuels Miss Armoy competition, which will take place at St Olcan’s Hall in Armoy Village on practice night of the Armoy Road Races on Friday 25th July 2014.

Selma McMullan, Club member and Miss Armoy organiser, said, “Miss Armoy is one of the highlights of Race Week. In addition to a great night’s craic, it’s an opportunity for young women across Northern Ireland to get involved with our much loved sport, road racing.

“Miss Armoy and the runners up are an integral and important aspect of Saturday’s racing.  The event itself has grown each year and we are delighted to have the current Miss Northern Ireland in addition to Miss NW200 among our past Miss Armoys.”

Rachael Davis from Ballymoney, the current Miss Armoy said, “I have to say that it is first and foremost a great experience as well as a great privilege to be Miss Armoy. I’ll be handing over my title on the evening of the competition with a touch of sadness.

“The whole event is great fun but the actual race day is really busy and I got a real buzz meeting all the road racers. It’s a bit of a whirlwind from winning on Friday evening to the podium and handing out the prizes to the winning road racers.

“Miss Armoy 2014 will have a day she won’t forget. I’d encourage any young woman to have a go and see it for what it is – a wonderful opportunity.”

Selma McMullan continued, “This year we are extremely excited as entries are already coming in for the prized role of Miss Armoy. The competition on the evening is a great event with many of the road racers in attendance.

“The event will be run along a set of guidelines where the young ladies will be interviewed twice, the first occasion as a biker girl and the second occasion wearing their party gear. You have to be unmarried, 18 years of age by 25th July 2014 and up for a challenge and a bit of ‘craic’.“

Four runner-ups will also be expected to appear at the Race Event on Saturday 26th July 2014 for the whole day, from 9.30am to 6pm.

William Munnis, Chairman of the Club, said, “I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Harrigan’s Fuels our main sponsor for the third year running, without them we really wouldn’t have an event. I’d also like to thank all our smaller sponsors. The support from the local community is invaluable and greatly appreciated by the Club.”

This year’s live music band, Phoenix Rising, is back by popular demand and will follow on from the Miss Armoy competition, which starts promptly at 9.30pm. There is a small entry fee on the night for those attending of £4.00, which includes a raffle ticket.

All entries must be in by the Saturday 19th July 2014 but the sooner the better. Entry forms with full instructions can be downloaded from www.amrrc.com.

Armoy Road Races are sponsored by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and Moyle District Council's Tourism Events Fund.

Bike Week 2014 is from 20th – 26th July. For more information on the RiverRidge Recycling’s ‘Race of the Legends’ visit www.amrrc.com or search for ‘AMRRC’ on Facebook and join the official fan page and you can also follow us on twitter at @ArmoyRoadRaces.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: