Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 18, 2024, 08:39:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Guy Martin has never tasted the victory champagne at North West 200

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guy Martin has never tasted the victory champagne at North West 200  (Read 348 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: May 15, 2014, 10:14:15 am »

Belfast Newsletter

Road racing superstar Guy Martin has never tasted the victory champagne at the Vauxhall International North West 200, but the Tyco Suzuki rider has his eye on the rostrum on the north coast this week.

The 32-year-old from Lincolnshire warmed up for the beginning of the international campaign with his usual appearance at the Scarborough Spring Cup meeting, where he clinched a treble, plus the legendary Bol d’Or 24-Hour race at Magny-Cours in France.

Martin has had his fair share of bad luck at the North West and suffered a massive crash at Black Hill in 2012, but although his top priority is next month’s Isle of Man TT, the TAS Racing rider hopes to force his way into the top three on the 8.9-mile Triangle course.

“Everyone knows my main goal in a racing season involves the TT in June, but I’ve had plenty of podiums at the North West over the years and the goal is to bang in a few more this week,” Martin said.

“I always enjoy coming to Northern Ireland to race and along with the Tyco boys I’m sure we will have a good week.”

Martin is joined in the team by new signing William Dunlop, who was a Supersport winner at his home event in 2012.

Dunlop has already won his first race in the blue and white Tyco livery on the GSX-R600 at the Tandragee 100 and is upbeat on his chances for the week ahead.

“I’ve had a really good testing plan with the team and they have worked hard to give me the bike set-up and confidence any rider needs coming into a new team,” he said.

“My season is geared around the international road races and I’d love nothing more than to win a race this week with Tyco Suzuki.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: