Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 16, 2024, 05:52:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TEAM KICK OFF 2014 INTERNATIONAL NORTH WEST 200

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TEAM KICK OFF 2014 INTERNATIONAL NORTH WEST 200  (Read 362 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: May 14, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

Milwaukee Yamaha’s Josh Brookes opened his account at the International North West 200 with top ten times in both the Supersport and Superbike classes.

His team-mate Ian Hutchinson took 16th place in the Supersport session but slid off during the session at Mill Road roundabout. Hutchinson suffered a finger injury and later completed laps on his Milwaukee Yamaha R1 Superbike.

Brookes took ninth place in the Supersport practice after 7 laps of the 8.9-mile coast road circuit. The Aussie then replicated that placing in the opening Superbike practice session aboard his Milwaukee Yamaha R1.

Brookes said: “It wasn’t too bad I suppose for a first session; we had a good run out, but not perfect. We have some improvements to make with both the Supersport bike and Superbike for Thursday. We had a little brake issue with the 600 but after that it’s just down to me to go quicker. On the Superbike we had a bit of movement from the rear, so a suspension adjustment should sort that. But all in all a pretty positive first session at the North West.”

Hutchinson said: “I’ve lost a finger nail and a bit of skin in the crash off the Supersport bike, so it’s a bit frustrating. It was a niggly little problem and the bike jumped from first to second and bucked me over the front. I just wanted to get back and get a few laps on the Superbike and get myself settled before Thursday.”

Team co-ordinator and chief engineer Mick Shanley said of the opening day: “Hutchy had a couple of issues and got caught out on his first flying lap on the 600. He’s damaged a finger but overall he’s okay. He got a few laps on the Superbike at the back of the Superstock session at the end of the day – so he should be good to go on Thursday.

“Brookesy had a pretty good day overall. Last year he was learning the circuit as a newcomer, so at least he hasn’t as much to do on that front this year. This time it’s all about set-up and his pace today in both sessions was not a million miles away. He’s looking for a bit more stability on the Superbike and to be fair the 600 is a bit of a novelty for him, not having ridden one for so long. But for the first day at the North West we are happy enough.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: