Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 06:15:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR KELLS ROAD RACES 2014.

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR KELLS ROAD RACES 2014.  (Read 845 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: May 10, 2014, 08:06:33 am »

The Launch of the Carole Nash 2014 Kells Road Races in Association with Road Racing Ireland took place last night in the Headfort Arms Hotel Kells. Aileen Ferguson, Race Sec and PRO for the club welcomed a very packed hall to Kells for the launch. Before proceedings started she invited all present to remember absent friends in particular Noel Murphy, Padraig Campbell and Stephen Larkin.

Mark Hewitt, Assistant Clerk of the Course, thanked the following on behalf of the club, the Residents of Crossakiel and Kells, Sponsors old and new, Marshalls, MCI Medical Team, Officials , An Garda Siochana, Order of Malta, Civil Defence, volunteers,Kells Town Council , Meath Co. Council and most of all the riders and their families who have supported our races since 1994.

Helen McEntee,TD welcomed everyone to Kells and praised the hard working members of the Kells Club for getting the event up and running again after an absence of two years. She wished the club and the competitors a safe and successful weekend in June.

Sean Bissett, Motorcycling Ireland and Clerk of the Course at Kells said how delighted he was that the Kells Road Races were back on track. Sean has been involved with the club since the very first race in 1994 and will be Clerk of the Course in Crossakiel this year. He pointed out that it was a team effort and wished the club the very best for their event.

Wallace Rollins, Road Racing Ireland spoke of his delight that the KELLS ROAD RACES were back. He thanked the club for their hospitality and warm welcome and indicated that Road Racing Ireland were fully behind the club and event and was looking forward to June.

Leslie Moore, Editor Road Racing Ireland in a very emotional speech spoke of his delight that the races were back on and read out the following from William Dunlop “ I am delighted that the Carole Nash Kells Road Races in Association with Road Racing Ireland are back on again this year as it remains one of my favourite meetings of all time since I made my debut there in 2003. My first race at Kells holds a very special memory for me as I finished

2nd to my Dad Robert with Darran Lindsay 3rd in the 125cc race. Over the years I have had many other memorable battles with the likes of Ian Lougher, Ryan Farquhar, Richard Britton, Guy Martin, Cameron Donald and of course Micky.

I am really pleased to be back at Kells representing not only Tyco Suzuki team but the Dunlop family and wish Aileen , Lester and the North Meath Club all the deserved success in reviving this popular event.

Other speakers included Oliver Sweeney, Chairman of Kells Town Council who wished the club and all the riders well and said that it was a great event and of huge financial benefit to the town and county. John Farrelly , Meath Tourism praised the club for getting the Road Races up and running again and said it was a huge event that has a proven record of bringing many tourists to County Meath. Michael Finnegan, Road Safety Officer with Meath County Council spoke of his long association with the club in their promotion of Road Safety. He indicated that his office together with the club will be working hard to ensure that all fans going to and from the event arrive safely and most importantly travel home safely. He wished all the competitors the very best and said it was a great event. Sgt Graham Tolan, An Garda Siochana Kells, wished the club and event well and said he was looking forward to working with the club members , this is his first time dealing with a Road Race he stated, this got a good laugh from the audience, don’t worry Graham the road race fraternity are great . Ian Forsyth , representing the Ulster Centre wished the club well and stated that he had been steward at Kells for many years and always got a warm welcome.

Aileen Ferguson once again expressed on behalf of the club sincere thanks to Carole Nash , Road Racing Ireland, and all the sponsors of the individual races and the Medical. A break down of the races and sponsor of each race was given, several speakers thanked the sponsors and highlighted that without sponsors no race could run.

Some of the many photos taken on the night were of the Motorcycling Ireland Medical Car which was donated and equipped by Annual Across Ireland and

Nicky Carvin on behalf of his group wished the club and competitors safe racing and an enjoyable weekend.

Stephen Davidson was one of the many photographers on the night taking photos, many thanks to Big Joe, Seamus from the Meath Chronicle and David Burke for recording the launch.

Many thanks to Andy Farrell, Sean Farrelly, Neil Lyons for supplying their bikes for the night. Thank you to all the riders who came along to show their support for the club and all said when interviewed that they could not wait for Kells in June.

Entries are coming in thick and fast and the grids are filling up rapidly. Any riders who wish to compete at Crossakiel on the 21st and 22nd June need to get the paperwork in asap. Regs and Entry form can be downloaded on www.kellsroadraces.com or Motorcycling Ireland website.

The Classic Run will take place on Friday 20th June, register at the Railway Bar at 6.30pm. kellsroadraces@hotmail.com www.kellsroadraces.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: