Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 18, 2024, 04:39:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Neill leads Adelaide Masters charge at Mondello Park

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neill leads Adelaide Masters charge at Mondello Park  (Read 419 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: April 03, 2014, 10:16:03 am »

Belfast Newsletter

Marshall Neill is set to reignite his rivalry with Cody Nally at this weekend’s opening round of the Adelaide Masters Series at Mondello Park in Co Kildare.

The pair fought out a thrilling conclusion to race two at last weekend’s Irish Superbike meeting at Bishopscourt, with Athlone rider Nally edging the verdict by 0.77s at the line.

Seasoned Portadown rider Neill had won the opening race at the Co Down circuit as he began the new season on a positive note on the Ryan McGill Joinery Kawasaki ZX-10R.

Neill said: “I’m looking forward to having a run out at Mondello and it should be a close race. I’ll try and do whatever rounds I can but some of them clash with the National Superstock Championship.

“I had a good race with Cody at Bishopscourt but he managed to get better drive than me at the last corner and grabbed it on the line.”

Nally has won three of the four ISB races held so far this season following a double at Mondello Park earlier this month and will be confident he can carry that form into the Masters opener.

A strong line-up also includes Dublin’s Derek Sheils, a runaway winner of the Masters title last year on Chris Dowd’s Kawasaki, plus Gerard Kinghan, who will contest every round of the championship this year on a Kawasaki ZX-10R.

Former double Masters champion Brian McCormack will also make a full-time return to the series after forming his own team.

The Waterford man will ride a Honda Fireblade as he bids to upstage the Kawasaki machines of Neill, Nally, Sheils and Kinghan.

McCormack focused on the roads last year and only made selected appearances on the short circuit scene, but the Tramore man was hugely successful in the series in 2012, when he won both the Superbike and Supersport crowns.

“I’m familiar with the Fireblade from 2011 and with the work we have done to it I can’t wait to get out there,” said McCormack.

“My aim is to be the main Honda rider taking the battle to the Kawasakis, which seem to be taking over. With Derek Sheils, Damien Byrne, Cody Nally, and Marshall Neill all out on ZX-10s it will be a huge challenge this year.”

McCormack is also hoping to secure a Supersport machine to enter the 600cc class.

The first Masters races take place on Saturday with round one, followed by rounds two and three on Sunday and the Grand Final, which is back by popular demand.

Live timing is available at www.adelaidemasters.ie while Sunday’s races will be streamed live on Mondello.TV via the official website.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: