Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 02:09:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Alan Bonner - “Cookstown Its like a Mini International!”

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Bonner - “Cookstown Its like a Mini International!”  (Read 579 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: March 14, 2014, 01:46:35 pm »

By Baylon McCaughey

In 2010,Alan Bonner made his road race debut at Cookstown in 2010, and what a dream debut it was, winning in his first event! Alan went on to win the support championship that year,andwas the only rider to trouble arch rival, Dean Harrisson!

Unfortunately, unlike Harrisson, Bono suffered from lack of funds, and his performances also suffered.

However ,his performance at last years UGP got many talking, he really started to find form of old!, and obviously, that’s helps ones confidence!.

For Cookstown, Alan, who hopes to make his IOM TT debut later in the year on board the Peoples.com machine, will have his Honda superbike refreshed, along with a few upgraded parts, and would dearly love to start off the season with the form that he at the UGP.

One of Alans biggest problems in recent years, was just having one bike!, and thanks to Das Trans, he will have the use of their R6 Yamaha, although in standard trim, it will again give the former Support champion more much needed track time.

Looking ahead to Cookstown, Bonner told me “it was my first road race in 2010 and my first win on the roads, I really love going back to Cookstown each year because it's the season opener on the roads and it's like a mini international these days and it's a good indication as to see where you stand   at against the other road racers”

The KDM Cookstown 100 will take place on Friday (practice)and Saturday, 25th/26th April. Roads Close on Friday at 12 noon, and on Saturday at 10.00am.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: