Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 18, 2024, 11:23:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Simon Andrews to return to road racing at the North West 200

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Andrews to return to road racing at the North West 200  (Read 315 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: February 07, 2014, 09:24:37 am »

Former Honda TT Legends star Simon Andrews is to join forces with the Penz13.Com Racing Team to ride a BMW HP4 Superbike at the Vauxhall International North West 200 on May 17.

29 year old Andrews has almost completely recovered from the serious leg injuries he suffered in a crash at the Le Mans 24 Hours race last September and will join the German team managed by former North West 200 racer, Rico Penskofer .

“I’ve raced against Rico and know his bikes are well built.” Andrews said.

“I understand the roads now and really enjoy it, so I am looking forward to meeting all the team and really seeing what we can do together.”

The Worcestershire rider’s career has been blighted by a series of horrendous injuries following crashes at Thruxton, the Isle of Man TT and Le Mans in recent seasons. After recovering from his Superbike TT crash in 2012 at the Graham Memorial, Andrews battled his way on to the Macau Grand Prix podium on a Paul Shoesmith prepared Ice Valley BMW.

“I’ve had some success with BMW already and with the help and support of BMW I believe the team will give me a good bike to be competitive on.” Andrews said.

The Penz13.com team intend to start their testing programme in the next few weeks and Andrews will compete in the FIM World Endurance Superstock Cup before making his road racing debut with the German squad at the North West in May. Under the experienced tutelage of the former North West, TT and Macau rider, Penskofer, Andrews will also compete at the TT in June and in Macau at the end of the year

“During recent years we have built up a wealth of experience as a team and specialized in those races - not least because I raced the roads myself.” Penskofer said. “
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: