Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 08:13:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

JAMIE HAMILTON UNVEILS 2014 RACE PLANS

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMIE HAMILTON UNVEILS 2014 RACE PLANS  (Read 575 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:49 am »

There has been huge speculation about the future of Northern Ireland’s most promising young road racer, 22 year old Jamie Hamilton, since he split with Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Kawasaki team at the end of last season. The Ballyclare youngster has now confirmed that he will be on the race grid at the 2014 Vauxhall International North West 200, after securing Stewart Smith’s ER6 Kawasaki Supertwin machine and John Dugan’s ZXR600 Kawasaki for the new season.

Although he has yet to find a superbike for 2014, Hamilton says he ‘isn’t stressed’ about getting a big bike.

“I have some offers and there are still plenty of seats out there with nobody sitting on them yet.” Jamie smiled. “The big bike will come and the other bikes that I have secured are race winning machines.”

The former British 600cc Superstock champion will race at the North West 200, TT, Southern 100 and Ulster Grand Prix as well as all three of the Scarborough meetings in 2014. He also intends to compete at most of the Irish National road race rounds again after winning the Irish Supertwins championship in 2013.

Hamilton won the 600cc race at the Mid Antrim 150 on the Dugan Kawasaki on his way to finishing third in the 600cc Irish

championship last season and he is fully aware of the potential of Smith’s Supertwin, having been beaten by it at both the TT and the Southern 100 in 2013 when it was ridden by arch rival, Dean Harrison.

Hamilton aims to make a big impact on the twin first time out at the North West.

“I was on the podium in the Supertwins race at the North West last year and I want to win this time out.” Jamie said.

“I really want to win a North West because there are so many local supporters there cheering you on and it was the first road race I ever entered. It gave me a taste for the roads.”

“Jamie Hamilton was voted the MCUI’s ‘Most Improved Road Racer’ in Ireland award this season and it is great news to have a young talent like him on the grid at our event.” North West Event Director Mervyn Whyte, MBE, said.

“Jamie has already scored one podium at Portrush and I think there will be more to come.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: