Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 11:06:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

JAMES HILLIER TO RACE IN ALL CLASSES AT NORTH WEST 200

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMES HILLIER TO RACE IN ALL CLASSES AT NORTH WEST 200  (Read 397 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: January 09, 2014, 08:43:37 am »

Quattro Plant Kawasaki’s James Hillier has announced that he will compete in every class at the 2014 Vauxhall North West 200.

The Ringwood rider will race ZX10s in both the Superbike and Superstock races, a ZX6 in the Supersport races and an ER6 in the Twins events for the Bournemouth based squad.

Hillier’s best result in his three previous visits to the 8.9 mile Triangle course was a second place finish in last year’s Supertwins race behind race winner Jeremy McWilliams (Vauxhall KMR Kawasaki). The 650cc races will be the focus for James’s 2014 hopes once again.

“Probably my best odds of success are in the Supertwins races.” James said.

“I would like to improve on my position in every class this year so to do that in the Twins I will have to win!”

“We will have a new bike that will be better than last year’s ER6 with some engine changes and chassis improvements and there is more to come from me as well. Over the last couple of years the Supertwins races have been run in damp or wet conditions and I wasn’t really sure how hard to push from the start so I hope it will

be dry this year and I get away well at the beginning.”

His Supertwins rostrum finish was Hillier’s second NW podium after he finished third in the 2012 Superstock event behind Michael Rutter and Alastair Seeley. The 28 year old relishes the challenge of racing a full blown superbike ZX10 in both big bike races as well as the Superstock version on the superfast North West course.

“I love it!” he laughs.

“I like going fast and that is what the North West is all about. There is a lot of grinning inside the helmet.”

“It is very different from any other road race because it is all about speed and braking. You need to get a good start and be with the boys at the front at the end of the first lap to have any chance of winning. Then it is all down to who can brake the latest on the last lap.”

“2014 is a big year at International Road races for both Quattro Plant Kawasaki and for James Hillier.” Quattro boss Pete Extance said.

“Both the team and Kawasaki UK worked hard to retain the services of James for the coming season after his successes on the roads last season and his steady progression towards being a top flight roads rider and we are determined to finish the job off and put James on the top step in many International road races

this year.”

“It is great news to have James and his Quattro Plant team back at the Vauxhall North West 200, especially now that they are the official Kawasaki UK road race team.” Event Director Mervyn Whyte, MBE said.

“With his North West and TT performances last season James showed that he has moved to the very front of the road race grid and he will be one of the men to beat at Portrush on May 17.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: