Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 28, 2024, 02:18:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

BEN WILSON TRAVELS TO IRELAND

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEN WILSON TRAVELS TO IRELAND  (Read 498 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: October 27, 2013, 12:00:26 pm »

A broken leg didn't stop Ben Wilson flying out to Bishopscourt in Ireland where, although he was not fit to ride at the Sunflower meeting he went to support the Gearlink team who were racing there on Saturday.

Ben handed over the controls of his Gearlink Kawasaki Supersport machine to his young teammate Luke Hedger who won the National Superstock 600 championship for the team last week. When it became clear that Wilson would be unable to ride in the Sunflower race as planned Luke was brought in to take his place.

Ben was on hand to offer advice and support to Luke who did an amazing job as he brought the bike home safely in second position behind Alastair Seeley. Unfortunately the rest of the meeting was cancelled because of an oil spillage which the heavy rain aggravated making it too dangerous to continue.

Ben said: "I decided to fly over to the meeting as although I was not in a position to ride I could at least support my team and meet the fans. The weather was ok early on but there was an oil spillage which halted the racing while it was cleared. But then the rain started and the oil spread making it impossible to continue. Thats a shame for the riders and also the spectators who had turned out in force to watch the annual event.

"I had a check up at the hospital on Thursday and am pleased to say the leg is healing nicely, it wont be long before I can continue with my training and get back on a bike."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: