Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 10:49:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Nico Mawhinney is virtually guaranteed the Irish Superbike title

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nico Mawhinney is virtually guaranteed the Irish Superbike title  (Read 432 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: October 14, 2013, 05:39:20 pm »

Castledawson’s Nico Mawhinney is virtually guaranteed the Irish Superbike title at the Sunflower Trophy meeting on October 26 after a solid championship challenge this season founded on consistency.

The 20-year-old requires a single point to be crowned ISB champion at the short circuit spectacular at Bishopscourt and leads the series by 24 points from Damien Byrne.

Mawhinney has rarely put a foot wrong on the Team Polaris Suzuki this year, rattling off a succession of podium finishes.

The young Northern Ireland rider now hopes to compete in selected rounds of the National Superstock 1000 Championship next season to complement his domestic schedule.

“It’s nice to have the title almost in the bag and we just need a point,” he said. “I only won once this year at Kirkistown but I’ve hardly been off the podium. It’s nice to have come from the Clubmans Championship and run at the front in ISB and I think I might be the youngest ever rider to win it.

“We’re a small family-run team but I’m hoping to do some rounds of the Superstock Championship next year, maybe half a dozen races at some of the better tracks,” he added.

“I need to get some sponsorship on board so I’m getting a portfolio done and we’ll see what happens.”

Nico wished to thank the following for their support this season: Drew Stewart Auto Repairs, Stephen McKee Electrical, Roland Caldwell, Graham Johnston, Davy Patience, JD Racing AMB Graphix and his family and friends.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: