Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
March 29, 2024, 11:02:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Irish Short Circuits Need A Revamp

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irish Short Circuits Need A Revamp  (Read 378 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: October 10, 2012, 09:29:15 pm »

Ballymena’s Denver Robb says the Irish short circuit racing scene requires a revamp in 2013 to turn around the sport’s flagging fortunes.

Robb, who won the Irish and Ulster Superbike titles on his private GSX-R1000 Suzuki this season, feels last month’s combined ISB and Clubmans meeting at Kirkistown could be the foundation on which the building blocks of a stronger championship are laid next year.

The MCRRCI and Killinchy clubs used the format as a trial run in September in a move that attracted close to 200 entries, boosting grids and providing quality racing for spectators.

Whether or not the format is adopted by other clubs next year or implemented by the sport’s governing body, the MCUI, remains to be seen.

However, Robb feels such a move would be a step in the right direction.

“Something needs to be done, because it hasn’t been great this year,” he said.

“I think we’ve been losing riders to the Adelaide Masters series because at least you have a chance of winning some prize money there - we’ve been paying entry fees to race in the ISB races with no prize money.

“I think combining the National and Clubmans championships is the way to go next year and we need to try and get some prize money in.

“If they’re not going to have prize money then they shouldn’t have entry fees because we’re basically paying to race for nothing.”

On his maiden ISB title triumph, Robb added: “It’s really nice to win the championship and I’ll take it whatever way I get it. I needed a few more points on the board at Mondello on Sunday just to make sure of it.

“I’ve put my Suzuki up for sale now and I’ll wait and see what championships are for running next season before I decide what I’m doing.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: