Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 19, 2024, 01:46:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

ANOTHER PODIUM FOR BIRCHALL RACING AT THE TT

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANOTHER PODIUM FOR BIRCHALL RACING AT THE TT  (Read 241 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: June 07, 2012, 02:37:45 pm »

Courtesy of Helen Pask

Mansfield brothers Ben and Tom Birchall made it two out of two podiums from the 2012 Isle of Man TT when they rode to a fine third place in the second of the three-lap races on Wednesday.

The race start was delayed because of poor weather conditions but finally went ahead mid afternoon. Once again Ben and Tom were the fifth competitors to set off around the challenging 37.73-mile mountain road course and by the time they reached the first checkpoint at Glen Helen they were up to second place, just a second down on the leaders, Molyneux and Farrance.

Riding the Cofain by Klaffi LCR Honda, the pair were in fine form and took the lead at Ballaugh. They maintained this three second lead to Ramsey but were demoted to third place by the time they negotiated the mountain section of the course.

They remained in third place throughout the three laps and crossed the finish line to register an overall time of 1hr 00m 48.94s at an average speed of 111.672mph to pick up a second silver TT trophy apiece and take their second podium finish of the week.

Ben said: “What a great fortnight we have had; I have never been here and been disappointed taking part in the TT races. To finish on the podium twice this time makes me want to come back for more – and we will be back next year for sure.

“After taking the lead on the first lap we seemed to lose a bit of power, I don’t quite know why, but the outfit takes such a battering around here that it could be anything. However we kept it going and thankfully we were able to complete the race. I can’t thank everyone enough, what a team we have behind us, it’s not going to end here, it will keep going. Klaus (Klaffenbock) has been amazing all week, and the guys from Cofain, Manx Gas and Andy Faragher plus Andy Mitchell, my main sponsor have been here to support us all fortnight and have enjoyed two great races. We have never been put under any pressure to do anything although I am a little disappointed we couldn’t have gone that little bit better than Saturday. But that’s the nature of this place, we tried our best and whatever that gives us we are happy with. I must also thank Avon tyres for their input. The tyres have been brilliant and gave us the confidence we needed to race around this amazing course.”
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: