Click on An Image To Visit The Site

Shiraws Logo photo Shirlaws Logo_zpsxhmrizdx.jpg

To have your banner/link displayed contact mago1@hotmail.co.uk

Please support Irishroadracers.Com - by making a donation - All monies recived are used to maintain the hosting - operating costs of Our Sites - Radio Stations.
Irish-Roadracers-Media.com - Promoting Road Racing All Over The World
April 20, 2024, 03:09:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Store Gallery Links Calendar Login Register Chat  

Michael Pearson - Cookstown 100 Report

Click On An Image Below For Live Timing - Classic Rock - Moto Podcasts - Live Race Broadcasts - Recorded Commentaries

New layer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Pearson - Cookstown 100 Report  (Read 477 times)
Mago
Administrator

« on: April 29, 2012, 02:29:25 pm »

Courtesy of Willis Marshal

Michael Pearson endured a mixed bag at a cold and windy Cookstown 100 on Saturday, with the former Irish Superbike Champion having to deal with everything from a practice spill to a race win.

Also for good measure, Pearson took a DNF in the first Superbike Race when the 36SC/Richard Rawson Honda encountered a false neutral leaving Pearson stranded at the side of the road after just one lap

A practice spill in Fridays Supersport 600 timed session meant that Pearson was unable to clock a starting time for Saturdays Group "A" race and was forced to start at the back of Group B, in which the D&GW/Carryduff Forklift Yamaha rider stormed to a 13 second race win on corrected time.
Pearson then followed that up with a super fourth place finish in the Cookstown 100 Superbike race when he just narrowly missed out on a podium place after a good clean battle with Adrian Archibald.

Michael Pearson:
"The whole weekend was a mixed bag really with just about everything happening. 

It all started with a first lap practice crash in the timed 600 session after I hit some debris on the road which had been left from a previous incident at that corner.  I was fuming that I could not get back to the start/finish to get the bike looked at and try for a lap time, but the marshal's where having none of it.   I got permission to start at the back of the B Race which I managed to win quite comfortably.

In the first Superbike race, the Honda Fireblade kept hitting a false neutral and that was it, out of the race.  We had a look at it before the Cookstown 100 race and found a wee kink in the selector rode which when fixed did the trick.   

I really enjoyed the Cookstown 100 race and was well pleased with fourth place behind Archibald and in front of Guy Martin.

My own Superstock Honda is down on power and I was just being eaten up by Adrian Archibald on the long straight past the start/finish, so we will have to make a few alterations before this weekends Tandragee 100, a race which I always like competing in".

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: